Make Believe Worldwide Ltd have created a franchise model for mums that want to run their own business alongside looking after their children.
With a low startup cost and constant help on hand from the head office, flexible hours and a good income.
When you have children it’s fair to say your life changes completely. Of course for the better. But what about returning to work? Do you want to pay extortionate childcare fees that your full time salary only just covers and miss out on all the fun (and sometimes not so fun) of being a mum? Can I go back to the normal 9 to 5? How am I going to balance a work and family life? And how am I going to factor in the increased costs of living?
Founded by Joel Kern in 2004 Make Believe have 50 schools in and around London, Australia and Hove, teaching youngsters the basic skills in the performing arts. Kern, who started Make Believe aged 15 by teaching five students to sing, dance and act, has seen the company grow into one of the most exciting performing arts companies with around 3500 children enjoying the after-school classes on a weekly basis. And with a raft of talent coming out of the Make Believe Talent Agency (including youngsters landing roles in West end Musicals, TV shows and adverts) the future is looking very bright for the Ilford-based producer who won the Federation of Small Business Young Entrepreneur of the year for South East England award. The Make Believe head office is now based at The Stratford Circus Theatre, home to the 2012 Olympics.
Joel said: “Mums have to make tough choices every day when balancing their family & work lives; I saw this first hand by my mum who like some didn’t have a husband to depend on. We are here to help stop talents going to waste and will be there to support and inspire mums when making these decisions.”
Mum of 2 young children and owner of 2 franchises (Bromley & Sevenoaks) Kimberley Thursfield said: “I’ve been working with Make Believe for 4 years now and can honestly say it’s brilliant! The business is constantly growing and it’s very exciting. Joels’ ethos is that we are business partners so help is always on hand when we need it!”
WHY MUMS MAKE GREAT FRANCHISEES:
1. HARDWORKING – Mums work hard all day every day, it’s nothing new to them
2. GREAT AT MULTI TASKING – Being on the phone whilst changing a nappy should be made a world record really.
3. AMBITIOUS – Thinking about the future of where your career and life will go along with the family stability
4. CARING – It comes with the nature, you begin to care for every single child that walks through the doors
5. CREATIVE – You don’t need to be a performer but having new ideas on where to take the business and trying new things is always great.
6. PASSIONATE – Do what you love and you’ll love what you do!
7. EMPATHY – Being a mum you’ll always emphathise with the parents leaving their children with you for the first time or seeing a shy child leave their mum
8. TEAM PLAYER – Work with other franchisees and the head office to create new ideas. As a team you are stronger.
9. SUCCEED – You want to succeed even more not just for yourself but for your family.
10. NOT JUST A MUM – You don’t sit at home doing the washing and cleaning, it’s an excuse not to do it! You will never just be a mum you are a MUMPRENEUR.
Come and visit us at both Manchester & London and say hi and find out more information.
Kimberley Thursfield, Make Believe Group
Click here if you are interested in registering for a FREE ticket to meet Kimberley and our other awesome exhibitors.
Click here if you are interested in becoming an exhibitor